Thanks Bob

PMTS Forum

Postby vseh » Tue May 08, 2007 10:58 pm

Icanski wrote:I can tell you that if you come to ski in Fernie, you'll feel like you're still in OZ. Almost everyone I met there was from Australia or New Zealand. There were still a few Canadians around though, but not many. :wink:
Icanski

You should try Whistler! I felt right at home
Shawn Richards
vseh

Postby A.L.E » Thu May 10, 2007 2:38 am

vseh wrote:
A.L.E wrote:vseh where is your club lodge located?

I'm skiing school hols July 7th and then August 11th, typically Sunday to Friday inclusive, ie 6 days skiing each time.

Both those dates are possible, maybe the August time is the go...midweek no crowds sounds like a good idea....will PM you closer to the date.

We quite often used to stay at Rock Creek Ski Lodge, just across from the quad chair on the road to Charlotte Pass. Little quaint old building that was the original rangers hut built about 75 years ago.
A.L.E

Postby Hacski » Sun May 13, 2007 4:01 am

Peter and Scott obviously need a ski school that will host them but let them do their thing and Fernie does that as well as providing the terrain for people to realise their potential as experts (not including myself in that category though). However for Australians it is a pain to get to and from with significant potential for unplanned delays of a day or so on both Air Canada and United.

Japan is much more attractive. Cost wise the fare is significantly less expensive and moreover one can utilise Qantas air miles (unlike to Nth America where they are almost impossible to use or just not available to Vancouver at all). Jetlag wise the situation is much better as Tokyo is in a similar time zone and a morning departure means arriving before night, i.e. no lost night of sleep for those of us who have to make up the ballast, kept awake by crying babies, grizzling toddlers or people who just have to talk all night long to folks they have never met and will never see again.

Therefore I am hoping for a switch to Japan as that is where I will be going for the next few OS trips until my Aeroplan points (of which at last I have enough to get to Vancouver return) must be used.
Hacski

Japan

Postby geoffsep1963 » Mon May 14, 2007 6:15 pm

I will be in Niseko 26 Dec for ten days. How many people would we need to get a coach over for say 5 or 6 half day clinics?? My guess is two groups of six to make it worth-while?
geoffsep1963

Postby A.L.E » Mon May 14, 2007 8:02 pm

The greater pity is they don't do camps in Oz. I think they did have one season at Perisher where they were doing on snow alignment plus a bit of teaching, the ski school management liked what they were doing but the resort's bean counters pulled the plug when they figured there was nothing in it for them. ....idiots!
A.L.E

Previous

Return to Primary Movements Teaching System