Questions

PMTS Forum

Re: Questions

Postby ToddW » Fri Mar 12, 2010 2:44 pm

h.harb wrote:It is important to note that holding the little toe edge is the intent, yet it only gives you a moment to release and tip off the big toe edge, while there. I encourage everyone to practice the one footed release to experience the transition from little toe edge, to big toe edge, while the old stance ski is lifted. Do it slowly and you will soon find out that you don’t want your body moving into the arc. If it does you will be caught loosing balance and catching the big toe edge before the new LTE is achieved.

There's been so much focus on the TFR lately that Harald's encouraging us to practice the OFR too is a good reminder for us all. I've done the OFR and skiing on the LTE before in 3 camps, but even so I recently dedicated 3 days of PMTS private lessons to improved LTE balance, both lateral and strong forward balance. It's the super in superphantom and will supercharge your skiing. Releasing with a OFR and then lifting the inside ski very slightly (tip too) for the whole turn to challenge your balance until transferring to it during the next release will really improve your turns.

PS I'm trying to write a summary of my private lesson experience for posting, but I'll say here that PMTS privates with a black level instructor give the most bang for the buck of any ski instruction option around.
ToddW

Postby Sailor » Mon Mar 15, 2010 2:40 pm

ToddW, I see you're on the East Coast, as am I. Did you take the private lessons in the East? Can you tell us where and with whom? Thanks.
Sailor

Postby ToddW » Mon Mar 15, 2010 3:20 pm

No, I flew out to Colorado to ski with Diana.

I understand that Glenn Scannell, a blue level instructor, has been giving some private lessons this year at Waterville Valley through the Sport Thoma shop. He mainly works with racers, but give him a call and see if he can make time for you. (If the season doesn't end too soon, I'm tempted to do that myself.)
ToddW

Previous

Return to Primary Movements Teaching System