Demos

PMTS Forum

Demos

Postby h.harb » Tue Mar 08, 2011 8:59 am

ImageImage
Differences in outside pole? This is the no swing pole tap.[/img]How about this for TTS skiing?
h.harb

Re: Demos

Postby Rick H » Tue Mar 08, 2011 9:50 am

Yekkk...They all look like zombies. Stiff and not relaxed. They all need instruction on CA/CB
Rick H

Postby Mac » Tue Mar 08, 2011 11:24 am

Maybe the wind was blowing them in that direction...
Mac

Postby Marek » Tue Mar 08, 2011 11:58 am

Rick H wrote:Yekkk...They all look like zombies. Stiff and not relaxed. They all need instruction on CA/CB

Don't be so harsh, not all of them IMO. The nearest one is doing quite well, need a bit more CA.
Marek
Marek

Postby h.harb » Tue Mar 08, 2011 2:41 pm

The closest is better, but still leaning. Look at their outside ski pole tips! Compare it to the ski pole tip in my avatar, this makes huge difference. You can learn to ski better by knowing where your ski pole tips are at all times.

http://harbskisysems.blogspot.com/2011/02/strong-inside-hand-and-arm-help-to.html
h.harb

Postby h.harb » Tue Mar 08, 2011 3:04 pm

If you look at the comparison photos I put up in the previous posts; you can also see the big difference of my head position and where my eyes are looking. Their eyes are all looking toward the inside of the arc. Mine are looking to the falline for the next apex.

They are all in the process of losing balance, and will have to make a recovery movement. At least they are all doing it together.
h.harb

Postby Marek » Tue Mar 08, 2011 3:11 pm

So, the proper cure for them should be " double pole drag " ?
Marek
Marek

Postby h.harb » Tue Mar 08, 2011 5:28 pm

They have little or no CB and CA is weak with that. I would have them work on a few exercises like the boot touch and the inside pole push. Pole drag on the outside yes. They also need to work on the "no swing". The finish of this turn will definitely have a wrap around pole swing, which will rotate their hips.

This is the Canadian National Demo CSIA Team if you were wondering.
h.harb

Postby rwd » Wed Mar 09, 2011 3:30 pm

I have a question re terminology. When referring to the apex of the next turn, is that the junction between the high and low c arcs, or the release point of the next turn? Thanks
rwd

Postby HighAngles » Wed Mar 09, 2011 5:41 pm

Apex = top of the curve, in the case of a ski turn this would be the "junction" between the high-C and lower-C as you put it. Consider the apex as the peak of the arc being drawn in the turn.
HighAngles

Postby MonsterMan » Wed Mar 09, 2011 5:48 pm

Another way that might be easier to visualise is,

the apex of the turn is when the skis are pointing down the fall line.
"Someone once said to me that for us to beat the Europeans at winter sports was like Austria tackling us at Test cricket. I reckon it's an accurate judgement." Malcolm Milne
MonsterMan

Postby HighAngles » Wed Mar 09, 2011 8:05 pm

MonsterMan wrote:Another way that might be easier to visualise is,

the apex of the turn is when the skis are pointing down the fall line.

Only if you're skiing down the fall line. :wink:
HighAngles

Postby MonsterMan » Thu Mar 10, 2011 7:07 pm

Only if you're skiing down the fall line.

Or for an uphill turn are you merely taking an early apex and completing the low c?
"Someone once said to me that for us to beat the Europeans at winter sports was like Austria tackling us at Test cricket. I reckon it's an accurate judgement." Malcolm Milne
MonsterMan

Postby HeluvaSkier » Thu Mar 10, 2011 10:08 pm

I had a few examiners/eastern team members last season who could easily be in this photo. They were good skiers and great people to ski with because they really did want to learn... The biggest hindrance to their skiing was the lack of any movement other than foot rotation. As soon as I got them doing drills that eliminated rotation and accentuated proper movements (CA, CB, flexing, etc) their skiing transformed. For skiers at this level usually all it takes is an open mind and eagerness to take their skiing another step further. Correct movement is important. Exploring new extremes of those movements will take your skiing to new levels.

A stiff, static skier never achieved anything in skiing. Remember that when you're skiing.
Discipline is the refining fire by which talent becomes ability.

www.youtube.com/c/heluvaskier
HeluvaSkier

Postby h.harb » Wed Mar 23, 2011 6:43 pm

Someone tell these guys that they are on shaped skis, PLEASE! They don't have to be hopping around anymore.

So everyone on the Demo Team has a wedge entry, WOW, have we been teaching the wrong thing?
Perfect demo, the second guy is fully extending and the others are wedging, the American System in a nut shell.

This is beyond funny now, it's down right embarrassment.
h.harb

Next

Return to Primary Movements Teaching System