An Open Invitation

PMTS Forum

Re: An Open Invitation

Postby zuschauer » Fri Jan 11, 2013 9:11 pm

I'll get up there as soon as I have some time free (should be early/mid Feb.) I'll try to drag Bolter up from Timberline, also a dedicated PMTS race coach.

About 3.5 to 4 hours for me, 3 hrs down to Timberline, but that's not too big of a deal.

Richard
zuschauer

Postby HeluvaSkier » Fri Jan 11, 2013 9:18 pm

zuschauer wrote:I'll get up there as soon as I have some time free (should be early/mid Feb.) I'll try to drag Bolter up from Timberline, also a dedicated PMTS race coach.

About 3.5 to 4 hours for me, 3 hrs down to Timberline, but that's not too big of a deal.

Richard

We will definitely need a camera for THAT! I bet we could lure WNYSkier over as well. Certainly a sight to behold... Someone should bring a stack of Essentials to hand out at the Chalet because that group would definitely turn some heads.
Discipline is the refining fire by which talent becomes ability.

www.youtube.com/c/heluvaskier
HeluvaSkier

Postby ToddW » Sat Jan 12, 2013 7:30 am

BigE wrote:Heluva,

I'd love to take me and at least one of the kids down one weekend for this very generous offer, but sadly their race teams have priority.

Someone *please* take him up on this!!!

E,

What better thing could you do for their race team than to have one of their skiers ski with Helluva (or the Dumont or Oregon guys.)
ToddW

Postby Max_501 » Sat Jan 12, 2013 10:32 am

BigE wrote:I'd love to take me and at least one of the kids down one weekend for this very generous offer, but sadly their race teams have priority.

Sure, skipping the local race training isn't ideal but the benefit is clearly pointing to Heluva. A day or two with Heluva would supercharge their learning and motivation. There's nothing like skiing with someone that can show/teach you each movement needed to make to a WC turn.
Max_501

Postby BigE » Sat Jan 12, 2013 10:55 am

I agree with you guys totally. Yet, each weekend from here out there is a race that cannot be missed for both or one of the two.
BigE

Postby WNYSkier » Sat Jan 12, 2013 7:43 pm

I'm in.

Let's do this thing......

Mark
M

Ski well. Ski fast. Have fun.
WNYSkier

Postby Max_501 » Sat Jan 12, 2013 8:03 pm

WNYSkier wrote:I'm in.

Let's do this thing...

Dang, you guys are making an argument for my first trip that area!
Max_501

Postby HeluvaSkier » Sat Jan 12, 2013 8:41 pm

Max_501 wrote:
WNYSkier wrote:I'm in.

Let's do this thing...

Dang, you guys are making an argument for my first trip that area!

If the opportunity ever arises for you to be in this area, you're always welcome!

HeluvaSkier

Postby zuschauer » Sun Jan 13, 2013 8:31 am

The weeks of Feb 11-15 and/or 25feb-1 Mar look possible for me. Can also do the week in the middle but that is Presidents day week and might be too busy for some? (after the ski show and we should get some more snow by then) I will talk with Bolter today and forcefully twist his arm ;)

I can help you all with canting and boot stuff and you all can teach me how to ski!! Such a deal!

Heluva, just let me know what days/weeks look promising and we can get the ball rolling on this.

Richard
zuschauer

Postby HeluvaSkier » Sun Jan 13, 2013 12:09 pm

Richard,
Let us know if a weekday or weekend is better (weekdays are obviously dead quiet). I usually try to target a super-hero snow day if I do a weekday, so it may be best to pick a week and then target the best snow/weather during that week.
Cheers,
Greg

HeluvaSkier

Postby BigE » Sun Jan 13, 2013 7:53 pm

Please post dates here, there is a possibility of bringing one of my kids down. Hopefully, there will be snow. We've been losing it very quickly with these record temps.
BigE

Postby zuschauer » Sun Jan 13, 2013 8:06 pm

Greg, definitely weekdays for us, also best early in the week.The ideal would be getting up there sunday night skiing monday and possibly the next morning. I spoke with J. R., I'll just have to drag him away from Timberline for a couple of days. We could do a mini boot/footbed/canting clinic the night before, very much the same as Harald does at his camps.

keep an eye on the weather for us, mostly free through the month, most of JR responsibilities are weekends with his team, so there is some flexibility.

later,

Richard
zuschauer

Postby BigE » Mon Jan 14, 2013 7:25 am

A Monday could work. Let's hope we get some snow soon!
BigE

Postby HeluvaSkier » Tue Jan 15, 2013 9:49 pm

For those interested in the dates put forth above (so far WNYSkier, zuschauer, Bolter, and I will likely be there... 3 coaches and a boot fitter... you probably won't want to miss this one),
I have those two weeks (Feb 11- Feb 15 and Feb 25 - Mar 1), marked on my calendar as possible dates. It looks like we will aim for mid-week to accomodate this group. I will choose the day based on snow/weather and everyone's availability. Please shoot me a PM with your email address so I can reach you more easily than through the forum as the time gets nearer. I will try to give as much early notice as possible so we get the best snow/weather for working on technical free skiing.

For mid-week we can get away with race skis for an entire day without worrying about runs getting tracked up. If we do any weekend days, in order to ski high edge angles with a lot of forward pressure all day, without worrying about auguring into loose snow, I'd throw in something a tad wider/softer than a race ski. I usually skis GS and/or SL in the mornings and then move to all mountain skis in the afternoon if the conditions require it... they don't always. Mornings are usually high level free skiing on race skis/carvers to see where everyone is at when they push the envelope a bit [for me, 188GS and 165SL] [with video, when you're fresh] followed by flatter terrain in the late morning and afternoon for working on technique with drills and directed free skiing. Video review at lunch and during apres ski [w/laptop in tow].

For those who can't make the above dates, the offer still stands, so shoot me a PM or post here if you're interested.

BigE,
We have great snow making (we actually held patents on the system that we invented). You will not be disappointed by our coverage - even if there is no snow on the ground. Those who skied Holimont last year when every other mountain suffered, can attest to the great job our hill crew does to ensure the members have great snow.

Cheers.

HeluvaSkier

Postby BigE » Wed Jan 16, 2013 9:58 am

I'm working on Feb 11th because it is the earliest offered date. An earlier Monday could be even better.
BigE

PreviousNext

Return to Primary Movements Teaching System