Nordica HotRod vs Doberman

Post your questions/comments about Gear here

Nordica HotRod vs Doberman

Postby Tommi » Sun Nov 05, 2006 8:55 am

Hi all,

We had a ski/board exhibition this weekend in Helsinki and I tried many new boots. They had a very nice boot test centre with almost all makes. It's time for me to change my boots.

The best fit was Nordica HotRod size 7UK/8US. I really liked the overall feel, thought the flex was not so stiff as my current Atomic T11:s. But it was of course high temp, so hard to tell. Speedmachines felt wide. Head race boots were not available, a pity. Dalbello Proton was not suitable at all. Atomic M110 was pretty ok, but too much forward lean.

It looks to me from several posts on the forum that the Doberman and HotRod come from the same 98mm molds?

Where are the main differences? Looking at the numbers, Doberman 110 should be quite close? I quess the liner material is stiffer in the Doberman?

What I need is large range in cuff adjustment, not so much forward lean. In addition, in my current setup I have slightly lifted heels and some canting in of the left foot.

T2

PS season has opened here at least in the north. Some small resorts are opening next week also here in the southern Finland. And there will be two world cup events next weekend in Levi, Finland! They have the racing slopes in excellent condition, they've had already for 2 weeks very low temps.
Tommi

Postby Ken » Thu Nov 16, 2006 2:02 pm

I've been told that last year the Hot Rod and the Dobie were both 130 flex on Nordica's scale (every boot company has their own flex scale). This year the Hot Rod has been softened to 115. Also, the Hot Rod has a couple of vibration absorbing features that also may result in slightly less precise ski control.

Ken
Rooster today
Feather duster tomorrow

VIDEO OF NOT ME
Ken

Postby Tommi » Mon Nov 20, 2006 6:16 am

Ok, thanks.
Does anyone know how the shell sizes are vs the boot size? I'm looking for size 8.0 or 8.5 US Doberman Pro130. Is the outer shell the same in these sizes? I guess these sizes equal 26.0/26.5.

At least in the Atomics I have the shell size changes only in full cm sizes.

T2
Tommi

Postby jbotti » Mon Nov 20, 2006 10:16 am

I believe that the 26 shell is 295mm sole length. Last year it was 315mm (28), 305mm 27 and I believe 26 was 295mm. Someone told me that this year the 27 is 304mm and the 26 is 296mm.
Balance: Essential in skiing and in life!
jbotti

Return to Gear