Nordica boot question

Post your questions/comments about Gear here

Nordica boot question

Postby Bearmani » Tue Feb 20, 2007 1:52 am

I am considering a change of boots from my current Head World Cup Ti M103s. The reasons are the following: forefoot is a tiny bit wider than I like with the current packing out (might be fixable with some moleskin), and the boot's ramp angle and forward lean are a bit much for all day skiing for me.

I tried the Speedmachine 14 and like the lesser ramp angle and forward lean, but the forefoot seemed wider than my Heads. Here is my question, "Should I spend a lot of effort looking to try out the Hot Rod or Dobermann Pro 130? Do they have the same stance geometry with a narrower width or does the stance geometry change from the Speedmachine?" Any other recommendations?
Bearmani

Postby Mac » Tue Feb 20, 2007 12:45 pm

I ski in the Head 103's, and they are perfect for me. The Speedmachines are too roomy for my foot, so if the 103's are too big for you, the Speedmachines will be also. Sounds like the Doberman 130 would be a logical one for you to try. Just slightly narrower than the 103's IMO. A friend just got a pair of the Dobermans at the Skunkworks, and he loves them. His foot is a B/C width, mine runs closer to a C/D. Chris Brown fitted him, and that's the boot he recommended. Give them a try. Good luck.
Mac

Postby Bearmani » Tue Feb 20, 2007 4:13 pm

Mac, thanks for the reply on the width. You are correct that I found the Speedmachine too roomy (probably due to a thinner liner than the Head). But, I'm also looking for feedback about the stance geometry of the boots. It took me quite sometime before I found a store with the Speedmachine 14 in my size near me. The store carried the Hot Rod, but not in my size. And, no store near me seems to carry the Dobermann Pro 130 at all.

So, if anyone can tell me if the forward lean and ramp angle of the Hot Rod or Dobermann Pro 130 are almost the same as the Speedmachine 14, then I might go to the extra effort of trying to find a pair in a shop the next time I visit a bigger ski area.
Bearmani

Return to Gear