Is cuff alignment worth doing?

Post your questions/comments about Gear here

Is cuff alignment worth doing?

Postby JohnMoore » Fri Feb 24, 2006 3:23 pm

Yes, I know it isn't really alignment. But until I can get my alignment properly done, it is something which I can do on my Head S8 boots. Is it worth doing? Or can it be harmful? (To my skiing, I mean, not the boot).
JohnMoore

Postby Ken » Sat Feb 25, 2006 11:46 am

Easy to do, and sometimes makes a difference. You might need a helper. If those boots have a cuff attachment that loosens and allows the cuff to move, put the boots on, stand in your skier's stance on a hard floor, and flex up & down several times. Have you helper lock the cuffs in the position the boots found that aligns with your lower legs. If the cuff adjusters click to different positions, remove the liners, get into the boots, buckle them, and align the cuffs so you have equal space on both sides of each lower leg.

Ken
Rooster today
Feather duster tomorrow

VIDEO OF NOT ME
Ken

Postby JohnMoore » Sat Feb 25, 2006 11:50 am

Ken wrote:If the cuff adjusters click to different positions, remove the liners, get into the boots, buckle them, and align the cuffs so you have equal space on both sides of each lower leg.

I think this is the way they work. I'll look in the little book which came with the boots!
JohnMoore

Return to Gear