Mt. Bachelor this month?

Want to ski with other forum friends? Form your Posse and post your invite here.

Mt. Bachelor this month?

Postby idahorob » Sat Dec 30, 2006 8:52 pm

I'll be in Bend, OR the first half of next month. Anyone want to ski Mt. Bachelor on Jan. 13 or 14? Bet they've got tons of snow by now.
No matter where you go, there you are.
idahorob

great trip

Postby SLAVA » Sun Dec 31, 2006 1:03 pm

Just came back from Bachelor. 4 days of skiing was great.
The do have a lot of snow but it wasn?t snowing since 12.27.06
I ski on 12.27.06 it was a very challenging day even for me (I never bail out no matter what weather is) I had to go inside of the lodge twice to warm up.
Next day I heard on the lift locals was saying ? it was the coldest day in last 10 years?
It was 11inches new that day and very strong wind.

Today, you will see no new snow but great weather all lifts are open including sunset lift with hiking entrance to circular bowl (spectacular view and run as well)

The new snow might fall by the time you will get there then you will have really awesome time
Yesterday all we ski was long bump runs under northwest express.

My advice in regards of tickets
If weather is snowing and in some degree challenging at 10am you will see a lot of people running away from mountain and willing to give away their ticket almost for nothing.

Or you can buy point ticket $120 for 20 runs the ticket is good for 3 years. You can use it every day until you run off points.
Every day (we start late about 11am) we make about 10 runs. On average 21000 vertical feet.

Have fun

And happy New Year everyone!
DOCENDO DISCIMUS.
SLAVA

Return to Posse