Technical comparison of 4 Demo Team skiers

PMTS Forum

Re: Technical comparison of 4 Demo Team skiers

Postby h.harb » Sat Nov 07, 2015 11:47 am

The two Australian guys, Paul and Reilly, are light years ahead go the US Demo Team, and are some of the best of all the Demo Teams. It's obvious they have been working on inside leg tipping and flexing releases. They have also worked hard to get their boots set. Comparing them to even two seasons ago; they have made real progress. They ski better than Berger in my view. Some little details still to work out in refinement, but they are skiing well.
h.harb

Postby h.harb » Sun Nov 08, 2015 12:38 pm

Can the US demo team be justified?

According to them, they are the best skiers. So why are they not good a at demonstrating it?
h.harb

Postby skijim13 » Tue Nov 10, 2015 4:58 am

The main reason is that the PSIA does not have a good model of good expert skiing. Since they have system setup on status no one from the lower levels would dare tell the demo team members they see flaws in their skiing. I asked a few people I know if they would do the person in the green jacket from the demo team a favor and let him know he is off alignment, and everyone answers it would not be taken well by someone of his status.
skijim13

Postby h.harb » Sat Nov 14, 2015 7:55 am

I guess you don't have to say anything about what you see in their skiing. Just use a photo and ask if that movement you see in the photo is part of "blending the Skills" process.
h.harb

Previous

Return to Primary Movements Teaching System