Amazing results at Welch Village.

PMTS Forum

Amazing results at Welch Village.

Postby h.harb » Wed Mar 11, 2020 6:31 pm

I was at Welch Village all last week for a Green and Blue accreditation. I got home last night. We have been working with Welch for at least 7 seasons now. So the kids I started with were 6 or 7 years old. They just finished their high School and D Team championships, and three of the Welch girls were top five, with 2nd place, 2 hundred of a second off 1st place. They are all the youngest in this age group. In addition, I watched the kids slope learning, three-year-olds skiing by themselves making parallel turns.

It is a real treat watching this happening. The ski industry has no idea what can be done when it's done right with PMTS instruction. I saw one first-timer, first-time PMTS lesson, skiing by herself with her feet together on the bunny slope. She was beginning to make direction changes with no hint of a wedge.

PSIA is so far behind they don't know where they are.
h.harb

Re: Amazing results at Welch Village.

Postby skijim13 » Thu Mar 12, 2020 3:50 am

So unfortunate that other mountains and people can't see the results that PMTS delivers. Our mountains PSIA based instruction is hard on my eyes to watch. The tool box that the PSIA is using is outdated and not effective. Funny thing my friend was just at a PSIA training class and they were trying to teach them the phantom move again and call it their own. Instead of stealing your material why don't they own up and teach your system.
skijim13

Postby Jjmdane » Thu Mar 12, 2020 6:25 pm

It would be great to see some video of these young kids learning with PMTS. I know I have seen enough live PSIA examples.
Jjmdane

Postby Max_501 » Thu Mar 12, 2020 6:36 pm

We already know what PMTS skiers look like so how would video of children change that? My kids are PMTS trained but getting approval from the boss to post video of them on the net? Let's just say that is one tough sell.
Max_501

Postby h.harb » Thu Mar 12, 2020 7:31 pm

PSIA training class and they were trying to teach them the phantom move

This will never happen, it's above their pay grade, they have no understanding of the movements. PMTS isn't just the Phantom Move, it's a complete teaching system developed well beyond what PSIA could ever understand, that's just a naive attempt to be relevant which they will never be. Completely their beyond comprehension.

You can try to put lipstick on a pig, but bottom line, it's still a pig. No insult to pigs intended.
h.harb

Postby RRT » Fri Mar 13, 2020 12:47 pm

Jjmdane wrote:It would be great to see some video of these young kids learning with PMTS. I know I have seen enough live PSIA examples.

Bill Armatage posted a wonderful video of his 6 year old granddaughter on youtube going from snowplow to phantom move to some nice parallel skiing. Look him up.
RRT

Postby A.L.E » Fri Mar 20, 2020 1:36 am

RRT wrote:
Jjmdane wrote:It would be great to see some video of these young kids learning with PMTS. I know I have seen enough live PSIA examples.

Bill Armatage posted a wonderful video of his 6 year old granddaughter on youtube going from snowplow to phantom move to some nice parallel skiing. Look him up.

https://youtu.be/OinmzMNJd28
A.L.E

Postby Jjmdane » Fri Mar 20, 2020 5:01 am

Thanks for the video. She seems like a very confident and competent little girl, I’m wondering does she also excel at other sports or endeavors.Her pole use is remarkably economical and efficient for somebody of that age. Her patience in the apex of the turn is also something to behold. Yes Max,I obviously have seen video of PMTS skiers and this doesn’t change anything in regard to that, I don’t understand your point, if there is one.
Jjmdane

Return to Primary Movements Teaching System