HINTERTUX CAMP IS CANCELED DUE TO THE VIRUS

PMTS Forum

HINTERTUX CAMP IS CANCELED DUE TO THE VIRUS

Postby h.harb » Thu Mar 12, 2020 1:50 pm

HARB SKI SYSTEMS IS RELUCTANT TO ANNOUNCE, YES IT IS TRUE, TIROL HAS CLOSED ALL SKI RESORTS DUE TO THE SPREAD OF THE CORONAVIRUS. WE ARE SAD TO MAKE THIS ANNOUNCEMENT AS WE HAVE HAD AN OVER 40 YEAR HISTORY OF GOING TO HINTERTUX FOR SKI CAMPS IN ARIL. WE HOPE THIS VIRUS WILL BE OVER SOON SO WE CAN OFFER REGULARLY SCHEDULED CAMPS. WE ALSO HOPE THAT ALL OF YOU ARE SAFE AND OUT OF DANGER OF THE VIRUS.
h.harb

Re: HINTERTUX CAMP IS CANCELED DUE TO THE VIRUS

Postby jbotti » Thu Mar 12, 2020 1:59 pm

Crazy times!! Sorry to hear Harald. Hopefully all these steps being taken will stop the contagion and we can at some point return to normalcy!
Balance: Essential in skiing and in life!
jbotti

Postby bartharb » Sat Mar 14, 2020 4:38 am

Yes also here in Switserland , almost all , skiresorts are closed . Season ends early .
But It has been a good season, from 30 november until now we had the whole time perfect snow.
Hopefully in July the sommerskiresorts can open again.
bartharb

Postby noobSkier » Mon Mar 16, 2020 8:17 am

eastern Canada is finished too, last holdout closes tomorrow
noobSkier

Postby h.harb » Mon Mar 16, 2020 1:34 pm

I'm going backcountry skiing for the next 2 months. backcountry isn't just untouched powder runs, but sometimes you get lucky like I did last year. There are challenging conditions out there (crust, frozen ice chunks, sliding snow under your feet, steeps, rocks etc., especially at 13,000ft. So I'm working on my skiing on sloppy boots and 95mm wide skis.
h.harb

Postby njdiver85 » Mon Mar 16, 2020 2:22 pm

Have a great time, Harald! Sounds like it will be an awesome time. May I ask, though - what do mean by "sloppy" boots?
njdiver85

Postby h.harb » Mon Mar 16, 2020 3:11 pm

I'm using a Lange XT boot with Dynafit attachment. The boot is too wide so it is sloppy. I haven't found the ideal boot for backcountry yet.
h.harb

Postby oggy » Mon Mar 16, 2020 3:40 pm

All Swiss resorts closed on Sunday too, and we have nation-wide state of emergency as of today. They haven't restricted the freedom of movement yet like Italy has, so touring is still possible, but I wouldn't be surprised if that changes too in the next few days. If it doesn't I'll also be spending the rest of the season touring. My setup is a bit limiting there as I usually use it for slackcountry, on-piste boots with frame bindings. I've done up to 1km vertical but it definitely becomes a pain, I don't think I can push it much beyond that.

Bartharb, you must be in Valais? Eastern/central Switzerland has been a disaster this season. I had exactly one powder day in November, December and January each. And looks like the freezing level is gonna stay above 2000m even in the night the next few das...
oggy

Postby bartharb » Wed Mar 18, 2020 3:10 am

Hallo

oggi I am from Tessin. Skiing in Tessin and Graubunden,
bartharb

Postby oggy » Fri Mar 20, 2020 4:05 am

Yeah I had a couple of good days in Airolo this January (hard to resist the 40 bucks offer for the pass and transport :)), but the 2 weeks I spent in Avers in Graubunden, the snow coverage was very thin...
oggy

Return to Primary Movements Teaching System