SkiMoose MA

Re: SkiMoose MA

Postby noobSkier » Fri Jan 11, 2019 10:10 am

If you could entertain a theoretical question, does a platform created by a locked edge or resistance from snow in the case of brushing play any role in creating your CA?
noobSkier

Postby SkiMoose » Fri Jan 11, 2019 3:59 pm

Thanks Max, I'll work on my CA in addition to flexing. I really like the discussion of CA in brushed vs carved turns. Does CA being held through transition help create the brushed turn, or does the turn brush more as a result of tipping the free foot? I've also thought about what noobskier mentioned. It seems harder to get a lot of CA in brushed turns because there is not a stable platform. Maybe brushed turns just highlight deficiencies in my skiing that edge-locked turns are able to cover up?
SkiMoose

Postby jbotti » Fri Jan 11, 2019 4:17 pm

I had excellent CA for years on groomed terrain before I was able to have it translate off piste and in 3D conditions. All I can say is that Angry Mother ad nauseum will get everyone there, but don’t expect it overnight.

And yes it’s way easier to get CA when you have a stable base to push against.
Balance: Essential in skiing and in life!
jbotti

Postby Max_501 » Fri Jan 11, 2019 6:44 pm

I started this thread way back in 2006. Still applies today.

Carving Madness
Max_501

Postby h.harb » Fri Jan 11, 2019 9:11 pm

From what I've seen there is no deliberate or forceful tail push in the technique, it's due to boot alignment. The alignment looks too strong causing the tails to stay flat before the resistance from the alignment can be overcome. This flat spot at the top of transition, of the skis, at that moment, shows some slight tailslide, but that's easy to adjust.
h.harb

Postby SkiMoose » Sat Jan 12, 2019 12:31 pm

Thanks Harald, that's valuable information. I'll be in the shop today, so I can get that adjusted.
SkiMoose

Previous

Return to Movement Analysis and Video