Head eOriginal Supershape

Post your questions/comments about Gear here

Re: Head eOriginal Supershape

Postby Chy » Mon Jul 13, 2020 2:44 pm

Great - when can we buy these from you? And what's the cost?
Chy

Postby h.harb » Mon Jul 13, 2020 3:09 pm

They should be shipped to us in September, about the same price as the Supershape Speed with bindings. I'll let you know the exact price soon. Plus these are Tyrolia bindings which still work well, not like marker or others with negative angles toe to heel.
h.harb

Postby ErikCO » Thu Jul 23, 2020 11:45 am

h.harb wrote:and it holds better on hard snow.

That's good to hear. Toward the end of this past ski season, I took out my Supershape Speeds for a day (they have been used fewer than 15 times) and was surprised at how much less confident I felt in the edge hold on hard snow compared to my White Outs. Some of it may have been that I was still recovering from an injury, but it really surprised me. An improvement there would be very welcome! Hopefully they stay in production for a few years as my ski budget won't allow me to get one this year. :(
ErikCO

Postby njdiver85 » Fri Jul 24, 2020 7:00 am

I suppose it is safe to assume that given Head's production cycle, the eOriginal will be available in its current form for the next three seasons, yes? Different graphics but same ski seems to be how Head does it for three year spans.
njdiver85

Postby Ken » Thu Aug 27, 2020 4:18 pm

A couple of times every year or so I long for my original SuperShapes. The performance was excellent, but what really put them over the top for me was the versatility. They ranged from very good to excellent in more types of snow than anything else I've found. I've had hard snow skis that were just as good on hard pack, and mid-fats (remember those?) that were just as good or a bit better in crud or shallow powder but terrified me on hard pack. The only time the SuperShapes gave me a start was when I wasn't ready for the rebound when I released them. Not the skis' fault...mine. And, I really enjoyed that rebound pop when I did it right. Those were the only skis I've worn out.

Maybe I'll need to get these new ones. I sure enjoy watching the Richard Berger video on the e-Originals. Of course, Richard Berger makes every ski look like the best ever. I need skis that make me look like Richard Berger skiing.
Rooster today
Feather duster tomorrow

VIDEO OF NOT ME
Ken

Postby breezer » Wed Nov 04, 2020 9:42 pm

As per Haralds recommendation I picked up a pair to add to a PMTS quiver ... this looks like a super cool ski. Beautiful construction and looks well set up out of the factory. I’m going to learn a ton on these skis. :)
breezer

Postby breezer » Sat Nov 28, 2020 1:03 pm

Ok ... I’ve been out on the 170 e-original a few days now. Unbelievable tool! Extremely damp yet lively, torsionally stiff, great feedback. This is not only a great training ski, but it is a super fun freeski ski as well. Thanks for the heads up! :)
breezer

Postby B.Mulligan » Sun Nov 29, 2020 9:39 am

breezer wrote:Ok ... I’ve been out on the 170 e-original a few days now. Unbelievable tool! Extremely damp yet lively, torsionally stiff, great feedback. This is not only a great training ski, but it is a super fun freeski ski as well. Thanks for the heads up! :)

Looks like you're greater Banff skier: I'd think Lake Louise and sunshine would be ideal places for this ski! And, it looks like you guys have had a great early season as well!
B.Mulligan

Postby enric » Mon Nov 30, 2020 9:49 am

HI everyone, this is my first post on the PMTS.org Forum, although I have been following your very interesting contributions for the last three years, especially on the PMTS section of this Forum.

I am considering buying the new e-original Supershapes (of which HH speaks wonders) and I would very much appreciate your suggestions regarding what LENGTH would be ideal for me. I am 180 cm tall and my weight is 90kg. (approx 190 pounds). Last two years I have been on 170 iSpeed Supershapes with Marker plates and Dalbellos 140 DRS (another day I will request your suggestions regarding new boots, may be Head Raptor 140...) I am considering buying the new e-originalsSS in 163 because my intention is to use them mainly for drilling and improving my technique, while I could always use my 170iSpeeds after a few hours of drilling, that is assuming that a longer length would eventually prove to be better for freeskiing and cruising around.
This comming season will be my fourth season in PMTS mode. I have been skiing a la TTS for the last 40 years....uuugggggggggssss, yeah, it hurts soooo much......I am very much looking forward to keep drilling a la PMTS and enjoying skiing with my new e-originals....and even attending a Camp in Hintertux, closer to my Pyrenees than the Rockies.....visiting Dumont to get proper boot fitting is clearly one of my objectives, of course.

Looking forward to receiving your inputs on the e-originals as soon as possible....the season is about to start in one or two weeks in the Catalan Pyrenees...I CANT WAIT... Best wishes to everyone
enric

Postby HeluvaSkier » Tue Dec 01, 2020 2:20 pm

enric wrote:HI everyone, this is my first post on the PMTS.org Forum, although I have been following your very interesting contributions for the last three years, especially on the PMTS section of this Forum.

I am considering buying the new e-original Supershapes (of which HH speaks wonders) and I would very much appreciate your suggestions regarding what LENGTH would be ideal for me. I am 180 cm tall and my weight is 90kg. (approx 190 pounds). Last two years I have been on 170 iSpeed Supershapes with Marker plates and Dalbellos 140 DRS

Looking forward to receiving your inputs on the e-originals as soon as possible....the season is about to start in one or two weeks in the Catalan Pyrenees...I CANT WAIT... Best wishes to everyone

Welcome to the forum enric. Given you are coming off a 170 i.speed, I'd recommend sticking with a 170 e-original, especially given your height and weight.
Discipline is the refining fire by which talent becomes ability.

www.youtube.com/c/heluvaskier
HeluvaSkier

Postby enric » Wed Dec 02, 2020 1:40 am

Thank you very much for your suggestion HeluvaSkier, I very much appreciate it as I am well aware of your deep understanding of the sport.
enric

Postby Daren » Fri Jun 11, 2021 7:26 pm

Last year I purchased a pair of eOriginal from Harold's shop & they were the best skis I have ever skied. Thanks Dian for exceptional service. Is the eOriginal Harrolds ski of choice for next year ? Plus will any changes be made to its construction for next season making it better or worse ? In another thread on this site someone said something about the camber being less in a pair purchased @ a latter date then the first pair they purchased (thoughts).
Daren

Postby njdiver85 » Mon Jun 14, 2021 8:23 am

I was the one that posted about the camber being a little different. Head got back to me and noted that what I was witnessing was within the normal variation but still offered to allow me to RMA the skis back to them for a replacement. It is my understanding that the skis will not change in 2021/2022, but HSS is certainly the expert on this.
njdiver85

Postby rjb » Mon Jun 28, 2021 10:14 pm

I have just received a new pair from Europe. I was told it is the latest stock, 2021/22 pre-season. They look identical to 20/21 model.

Going from a very old Fisher's RX8 115/66/98 R14 to Head's e-Original 129/66/107 R12.1, both 170cm. No idea what to expect :) In a few days I will find out as we got some fresh snow down here in New Zealand.

rjb

Postby jbotti » Sun Sep 12, 2021 9:23 am

I thought it made sense to bump this thread. After looking at websites for the ski cos for the upcoming season I was again hit over the head with the reality that they just aren't making a lot of great full camber skis that are great skis for PMTS learning and advancing. I contacted HH and asked him what he is skiing and carrying this year and he said, the go to PMTS ski right now is the eOriginal SS which he is skiing. HH is also skiing his Dynastar (speedzones) and he still loves his Head Maya's in the 170 (forget about finding a pair of those).

There are still some Head SS I.Speeds around on ebay and other places and its a wonderful ski. The new e.speeds not so great.

Which leads me back to my point, if you have been looking for a PMTS ski to learn and advance on, the eOriginal is the ski to grab. HSS will be carrying them this season and at times you can get a pair shipped from Europe. But every great ski Head has made they have changed and or discontinued within a couple to 4-5 years. Who knows when they will ruin or discontinue this ski.

I am lucky that over the years I have accumulated great PMTS skis and often bought an extra pair so that when my current one dies and I am set. So I am set for great slalom carvers for at least the next 3-5 seasons. But If I was not, I would grab a pair or two of the eOriginals. I may anyway just because I know in a year or 2 they won't be here anymore.

My fear, which is being confirmed by the new offerings each year from the major ski brands, is that we may be in a place sooner than later where there are no good slalom carvers for PMTS learning (there will always be FIS slalom race ski which are not PMTS learning skis).
Balance: Essential in skiing and in life!
jbotti

PreviousNext

Return to Gear