Skiroad

Post your questions/comments about Gear here

Skiroad

Postby go_large_or_go_home » Sat Sep 25, 2021 12:29 pm

Anyone care to comment….I can’t quite make my mind up…not sure if I like the movements used..

go_large_or_go_home

Re: Skiroad

Postby siballah » Sat Sep 25, 2021 5:00 pm

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Eqppj_Iz3AU

Another Skiroad video. He's not very complimentary about Harb Carvers in the comments.
siballah

Postby jbotti » Sun Sep 26, 2021 8:23 am

I have used Harb carvers but never inline skates or inline skates using ski boots. But the point and the design of Harb carvers is that they require strong tipping action (of the LTE) to get them to arc. If you don't tip and seriously tip, they go straight. Doing super tight slalom turns on them is possible, but requires tipping skills that most people have never developed. It remains one of the best ways to practice in the off season. Having said that, I don't because I really do not enjoy falling on black snow even when I am armored up.

From the video it's clear that the inline skates require much less tipping to arc super tight turns. Is this analogous to skiing? I don't think so. If I am doing slalom flushes (on snow) and I don't seriously tip every arc, I will lose an arc.
Balance: Essential in skiing and in life!
jbotti

Postby go_large_or_go_home » Sun Sep 26, 2021 2:18 pm

I guess the issue that I have is that I see extension as the main mechanism to initiate the transition and subsequent edging/ tipping…

On one of Reilly’s earlier videos about the Skiroad system, he specifically mentions being able to juice the tails…to me, that sounds like a hard edge set at the end of the turn - or heal push..

When I rewatched HH and DR on the Harb carvers, I didn’t see any extension or heal pushing movements.

To me, this looks like a setup to reinforce TTS movement patterns.
go_large_or_go_home

Postby Max_501 » Mon Sep 27, 2021 5:09 pm

Here's Jay on Harb Carvers.

Max_501

Postby GHagen » Mon Sep 27, 2021 7:11 pm

I had never seen Jay's video before. Thank you, really great technique!
GHagen

Postby go_large_or_go_home » Tue Sep 28, 2021 4:46 am

I have seen jays video many times before…his movements are exactly as I would expect/ imagine from a pmts skier..
go_large_or_go_home

Return to Gear