Another question on i.Supershapes

Post your questions/comments about Gear here

CLARIFICATION and CORRECTION!

Postby Ron » Tue Sep 12, 2006 7:18 am

I just wanted to correct my 3" carving prowess! Nope, not that low, I spoke to a friend that I ski with and the answer is a much more accurate but still respectable 12"! When I looked at 3", I said, naaahh, not happening! Didn't want to be a poser!
Thanks

Ron
Ron

Postby Tiwu » Fri Sep 15, 2006 6:14 pm

To early.
Tiwu

Postby Ron » Mon Sep 18, 2006 6:25 am

Maybe, probably more like October but I would send him a message anyway. The 06's are the same ski so if you can grab those, its a better deal.
Thanks

Ron
Ron

Postby Icanski » Wed Sep 20, 2006 8:46 am

Hi,
Are there any cosmetic differences to the new SS skis? I want to be sure if I go to a ski shop that they aren't selling me last year's ski at this year's prices. Is it the same binding and all?
Thanks,
Icanski
Icanski

Postby Ron » Wed Sep 20, 2006 8:51 am

Yup identical. The new topsheet doesn't have any gray on it. I

[img]http://www.head.com/ski/products.php?region=us&tag=racing&id=600[/img] I don't know if the image will load but go to this link.
Thanks

Ron
Ron

Postby Icanski » Wed Sep 20, 2006 9:14 am

thanks Ron,
I saw in the Hintertux thread the pciture and then looked closely at the Ski Canada review so I can see the difference. I noticed that not all gear guides reviewed them. Now I can check closely.

I used to ski Volkl superstars and found them to be lots of fun. Is there any model similar to the supershape that anyone is familiar with? the aC3 or superstar? they're just easier to find up here.
thanks,
Icanski
Icanski

Postby Ron » Wed Sep 20, 2006 9:34 am

go to the head site, just copy in the addresss above and you can see it. Similar, well, not sure, Its really a unique ski. I would asy that a fischer Wc RC is a lot of fun, The RX8 is another great, versitile ski as well. Fischer changed the construction from Cap to Side wall so it may be a bit more energetic however; from what Gary has found out, the initial runs from Fischer have the new "8" with the cap construction but with the new graphics, go figure. Anyway, I cannot find anyone who has skied the new SW version. The "old" one is a great ski however. I have skied the 5 star and the older 6 star and they are gret skis, I prefer the feel from Head and Fischer. It's a personal preference thing.
Thanks

Ron
Ron

Previous

Return to Gear