Supershape size?

Post your questions/comments about Gear here

Supershape size?

Postby Ron » Wed Feb 15, 2006 10:20 am

175, 6'- aggressive level 8, good technique, I ordered 170's is this too long?
Thanks

Ron
Ron

Postby Belskisfast » Sat Feb 18, 2006 9:26 pm

Ron, you will love it. I convinced my best ski buudy, whose a die hard Salomon skier to demo them. He did last Thurs. and loved them. (6' 185lbs by the way) We skied together yesterday, his second day on them, and I've never seen him ski so well. We were blessed with groomers in the morning and 6-8" of fresh during the day at Kirkwood. The SuperShapes were simply the most versitile, powerful, stable ski we have ever sked on. All terrain, chop, crust, icey tree paths..scary...but the ski was superb. ..confidence in the edge hold and so quick.
You will love them.
Post if yours delaminate. Mine are, but not too badly yet.
Belskisfast

Postby Ron » Mon Feb 20, 2006 1:41 pm

I went out for the 1st time this weekend. My review is over at the "gear" forum. Bottom line: simply the finest ski I have ever skied on. End of story.........
Thanks

Ron
Ron

Postby Icanski » Fri Feb 24, 2006 8:15 pm

I'm reading alot about SS skis delaminating. What are you or Head doing about it? I would be upset if I had some and did that.
I've got enough problems with Volkl t50s with only 72 days on them having completely lost their camber. They are totally flat, and my Snake BCs, after 4 days of mild skiing have a cracked sidewall! This story isn't done yet.
In any case. I am curious about the raves the Head SS is drawing, but if it can't last a season without falling apart...what's the point?
icanski
Icanski

Postby Icanski » Fri Feb 24, 2006 8:19 pm

I'm reading alot about SS skis delaminating. What are you or Head doing about it? I would be upset if I had some and did that.
I've got enough problems with Volkl t50s with only 72 days on them having completely lost their camber. They are totally flat, and my Snake BCs, after 4 days of mild skiing have a cracked sidewall! This story isn't done yet.
In any case. I am curious about the raves the Head SS is drawing, but if it can't last a season without falling apart...what's the point?
icanski
Icanski

Postby Ken » Sat Feb 25, 2006 11:40 am

Size...go short. I'm 6', 210#, and was the slowest skier in the top group at the All-Mountain camp at A-basin. Anyway, I ski pretty fast and hard, but not the fastest and hardest. Anyway, I demo'ed SS 165s at A-Basin, and they were fine. I bought 170s to get more float in fluff and more room to improve as I get better and faster. I'd recommend 165s to a skier lighter than I am. Harald, a very strong skier but not heavy, chooses 170s.

Delam...If they come apart hold out for a new pair of next year's production. If delaminating is a widespread problem, they'll likely correct it in their production processes.

Ken
Rooster today
Feather duster tomorrow

VIDEO OF NOT ME
Ken

Return to Gear