advice for trip April 5-9

Want to ski with other forum friends? Form your Posse and post your invite here.

advice for trip April 5-9

Postby skidaddle » Sun Mar 04, 2007 5:40 pm

I am putting together a trip with hopefully 4 skiers to either Utah or Colorado (open to other suggestions). I have a friend who would like to ski Snowbasin and Powdermountain mostly. I am concerned that somewhere I read that unless it is actively snowing, Powdermountain is sometimes not so great late in the season. They appaarently get a lot of sun so the late season is often falling off quite a bit.

I realize that it is hard to predict what the rest of this month will bring (any meteorologists out there with a crystal ball?) But I would appreciate any local knowledge both with regards to plans and maybe even on the slopes.

One option is to go to denver and go to summit county via HH's place. Has anyone gotten a group lesson from HH or one of the other people at the skunk works facility?

Thanks in advance for any help,
skidaddle
skidaddle

Postby Billy Dee NJ » Mon Mar 05, 2007 7:43 am

Well, I for one would highly recommend Colorado instead of Utah for that timeframe. If nothing else, Loveland and A-Basin ought to be in their prime and the Summit County group may be decent also.

I make a trip to CO every April and usually later than the timeframe you specified, and conditions have been good to excellent for me over 90% of the times.

And yes, group lessons from HH and associates are a wonderful thing.

Have fun!
Billy Dee NJ

Group Lessons?

Postby ChrisSSBB » Fri Mar 23, 2007 10:58 am

Skidaddle,

I will be at Vail with my family during timeframe you are looking at.
If you wind up in CO and need someone to fill out a group for a lesson with HH and company, let me know.
ChrisSSBB

Postby tburtonwire » Mon Mar 26, 2007 11:31 am

I would also advise Colorado over Utah for the late season. We used to go to Utah later in the season and sometimes you can get pretty crappy conditions. Most of the Colorado resorts are at a higher elevation than Utah. We take our late spring trip at Snowmass, they have enough vertical that you can usually find good skiing somewhere on the mountain on any given day.
tburtonwire

Return to Posse