Mogul Skiing Instructional Video

Friends get together

Mogul Skiing Instructional Video

Postby dougtee » Mon Sep 23, 2019 9:39 am

old thread, but here is a new gellie mogul skiing instructional video about getting forward. curious how experts see this as comporting with pmts? more about calves than hamstrings was one thing i noticed.

dougtee

Re: Mogul Skiing Instructional Video

Postby ToddW » Tue Sep 24, 2019 8:17 pm

Gellie uses the verb push to describe his favored approach. PMTS instructors use the verb pull.
ToddW

Re: Mogul Skiing Instructional Video

Postby ErikCO » Tue Sep 24, 2019 11:20 pm

I'd also note that there is a lot of focus on large body/muscle movements at the top of the kinetic chain. PMTS focuses at the base of the kinetic chain. (i.e. he focuses on thigh/upper body, PMTS tends to focus on foot/ankle) I'd also note that, by and large, focusing on pro mogul skiing for learning recreational mogul skiing technique is probably a bad decision. Pro mogul skiing is super high in both athleticism and impact, not really something most of us over age 25 are going to be interested in. It also focuses on getting down a bump run as fast as possible. For most of us, I think, getting down a bump run fast is not really the goal. It is about getting down in control with as low effort as possible so we can do more than 1-2 runs in a day.
ErikCO

Return to Social Chatting