Collecting all the Foot Boot Pull Back thoughts

PMTS Forum

Re: Collecting all the Foot Boot Pull Back thoughts

Postby nickia » Wed Feb 22, 2017 5:25 pm

BigE wrote:
harald harb wrote:When and if the inside boot slips forward to early, you get the park and ride syndrome. When the inside boot is forward the hips move back and an artificial non beneficial counter is developed, this causes the park and ride.

This is commonly referred to up here as "dumping the hip".

Can I fix "park & ride" and hip-dumping by pulling the inside boot back and increasing tipping? Is there any other elements required to fix park & ride?
nickia

Postby Max_501 » Thu Feb 23, 2017 8:02 am

nickia wrote:Can I fix "park & ride" and hip-dumping by pulling the inside boot back and increasing tipping? Is there any other elements required to fix park & ride?

In general, working on tipping and the other inside foot management movements should reduce hip dumping as the skier moves the focus from pushing the hips around with tipping. Park and Ride shouldn't be a problem if you increase tipping, CA, and CB through the arc.
Max_501

Postby nickia » Thu Feb 23, 2017 7:35 pm

Max_501 wrote:
nickia wrote:Can I fix "park & ride" and hip-dumping by pulling the inside boot back and increasing tipping? Is there any other elements required to fix park & ride?

In general, working on tipping and the other inside foot management movements should reduce hip dumping as the skier moves the focus from pushing the hips around with tipping. Park and Ride shouldn't be a problem if you increase tipping, CA, and CB through the arc.

Thanks Max501. I thought I was carving nicely until I filmed myself yesterday with a Gopro on a ski pole on the side of the hill. Very static skiing. Stance leg not fully extended which explains my quad burn. Feeling is deceptive - Video is king!

Will try to incorporate the suggestions and re-film.
nickia

Postby l2ski » Fri Feb 24, 2017 7:09 am

I'm working on this myself. This article also is fantastic:

http://www.pmts.org/index.php/read-a-ta ... s-and-hows

I've read it so many times in the last few years, but now I see how this may be my number one
problem to fix. I'll do the other essentials better if I can stay centered over my skis.
l2ski

Previous

Return to Primary Movements Teaching System