Movement analysis beginning at the beginning

Re: Movement analysis beginning at the beginning

Postby Max_501 » Sat May 08, 2021 2:30 pm

HH says the movement challenges shown in the video are not related to stance width. Slant board training is about learning to balance on the edges and we can't do that if we are using the wrong movements or leaning on the poles in place of balancing on the edges.

See this thread for a good discussion on the value of learning to balance on edges with the slant board:

viewtopic.php?f=1&t=4030

Then revisit the instruction and movement shown in the videos located here:

https://harbskisystems.com/pages/slantboard-training
Max_501

Postby tigernbr » Sat May 08, 2021 4:03 pm

Thanks Max. I’ll take a step back and follow the slant board videos. I’ll practice and post videos when I think I am ready.
tigernbr

Postby tigernbr » Sun May 09, 2021 8:23 am

Deleted duplicate post
Last edited by tigernbr on Sun May 09, 2021 8:29 am, edited 2 times in total.
tigernbr

Postby tigernbr » Sun May 09, 2021 8:26 am

Here is the first video of me following the exercises in the slant board videos. The first is balancing and tipping on all fours on a flat surface.

Here is the second exercise: balancing and tipping on a flat surface on each edge with each foot. This exercise is very difficult for me. How long should I hold the balance on each edge? I noticed Harald holds it for a few seconds. Please let me know if I need to hold each one longer or if this is ok to move onto the slant board.

tigernbr

Postby tigernbr » Sun May 23, 2021 8:38 am

Here are my first attempts using the Harb Carvers. I am following Diana's videos on learning to use the Carvers. These are the tipping exercises from video 2. I apologize for the camera work. I need to figure out where to best place the camera.

Tipping and Holding Right Edges

Tipping and Holding Left Edges

Robotipping Right

Robotipping Left
tigernbr

Postby dougtee » Sun May 23, 2021 12:59 pm

tigernbr wrote:Here is the first video of me following the exercises in the slant board videos. The first is balancing and tipping on all fours on a flat surface.

Here is the second exercise: balancing and tipping on a flat surface on each edge with each foot. This exercise is very difficult for me. How long should I hold the balance on each edge? I noticed Harald holds it for a few seconds. Please let me know if I need to hold each one longer or if this is ok to move onto the slant board.

i have been exclusively balancing on all 4 edges on the slantboard everyday for a few weeks. i am not even going to work on the youtube progression until i am more confident in my ability to consistently repeat this. not sure how others think about this, but figured i would put it out there.
dougtee

Postby tigernbr » Sun May 23, 2021 1:59 pm

It is difficult to hold the edges for any length of time. A few seconds is all I have been able to manage. Harald holds it much better than I but even he is holding it only a few seconds. I am not sure how long we are supposed to hold it.
tigernbr

Postby tigernbr » Sun May 30, 2021 7:55 am

I'm practicing step turns on the Carvers. Video of the session is invaluable. I thought I was counteracting while doing the step turns. I wasn't, at least nowhere near enough. Something to work on next time.
tigernbr

Previous

Return to Movement Analysis and Video