PMTS in New Zealand?

PMTS Forum

PMTS in New Zealand?

Postby rjb » Fri Aug 01, 2008 2:29 am

Hi Guys

Today I have received "Essentials of Skiing". Great book. Have read half of it already and can't wait to try PMTS on the slopes, especially that the conditions are excellent (80cm of fresh snow last week!).

I was wondering if you know of anybody teaching PMTS in the South Island of New Zealand.

Cheers,
rjb
rjb

Re: PMTS in New Zealand?

Postby MonsterMan » Fri Aug 01, 2008 3:38 am

Hi RJB,

welcome. Yes essentials is a great book, I remember reading all night when mine arrived. The other three books are also worth getting, but start with "Anyone Can Be an Expert Skier 1" if you've never been exposed to efficient modern skiing before.

I think you are in luck this year regarding a PMTS coach visiting N.Z. Jay Peterson was talking about spending some time there this month I think. Something about Wanaka I think. He was setting up a website last time I checked. Harold may have a link now on the pmts site, I'm nearly out of batteries on this notebook, will look it up for you later if someone else doesn't help out sooner.

Again, welcome to the community, and good luck tomorrow afternoon in the rugby.

Geoff
"Someone once said to me that for us to beat the Europeans at winter sports was like Austria tackling us at Test cricket. I reckon it's an accurate judgement." Malcolm Milne
MonsterMan

Postby MonsterMan » Fri Aug 01, 2008 5:42 am

http://www.skiersynergy.com/schedule

Looks like Jay is there right now! get in touch, you won't regret it!

Go the Wallabies
"Someone once said to me that for us to beat the Europeans at winter sports was like Austria tackling us at Test cricket. I reckon it's an accurate judgement." Malcolm Milne
MonsterMan

Postby rjb » Fri Aug 01, 2008 4:32 pm

Hi Geoff

MonsterMan wrote:Hi RJB,

welcome. Yes essentials is a great book, I remember reading all night when mine arrived. The other three books are also worth getting, but start with "Anyone Can Be an Expert Skier 1" if you've never been exposed to efficient modern skiing before.

Thank you. Actually, I have already had a look checking where I can source the book. Going to the book store today.

To be honest I have never been really taught how the ski except a few sessions with friends when I used to live in Big Sky, Montana. I believe I have developed a lot of bad habits and I'm kind of stuck in trying to be an intermediate skier. Hopefully with a couple of sessions with a PMTS couch and the books I should be able to get back on the right track.

I think you are in luck this year regarding a PMTS coach visiting N.Z. Jay Peterson was talking about spending some time there this month I think. Something about Wanaka I think. He was setting up a website last time I checked. Harold may have a link now on the pmts site, I'm nearly out of batteries on this notebook, will look it up for you later if someone else doesn't help out sooner.

Great. I have already checked the site and I have sent email to Jay asking for details. I'm 3h drive from Wanaka and I'm planning to be there next weekend - might be tricky as I have to be in Auckland on Friday for work.

Robert
rjb

Postby nugget » Fri Aug 01, 2008 6:23 pm

Greetings
I have been trying to get a hold of Jay to arrange some instruction in Wanaka in late August but have not had any success as yet but you may have some better luck. Hopefully he has landed in NZ as we speak.
Please post if u get an opportunity to ski with him please because apart from Harald and Diana, it seems, he is the man for some A1 PMTS instruction (and he could be in NZ as well!).
cheers
darren
nugget

Postby nugget » Fri Aug 01, 2008 6:37 pm

My apologies if that last post came across as labelling other PMTS instructors (besides the 3 mentioned) as inferior in any way.
:(
nugget

Postby Max_501 » Fri Aug 01, 2008 6:56 pm

Jay is AMAZING! Great skier, great coach, great fun.

Make sure you have him demo at least one balet move -

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=x3IIGPib3rs

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=p3Qk0nDUCis
Max_501

Postby rjb » Fri Aug 01, 2008 6:57 pm

nugget wrote:Greetings
I have been trying to get a hold of Jay to arrange some instruction in Wanaka in late August but have not had any success as yet but you may have some better luck. Hopefully he has landed in NZ as we speak.
Please post if u get an opportunity to ski with him please because apart from Harald and Diana, it seems, he is the man for some A1 PMTS instruction (and he could be in NZ as well!).
cheers
darren

Hi Darren

Jay has already sent me an email. It seems like he will be in Wanaka between the 13th and the 27th. His trip was delayed.

Cheers,
Robert
rjb

Postby hacker » Fri Aug 01, 2008 7:50 pm

Hi

I am also interested in the wanaka sessions and also have been unable to contact Jay.
I have sent a couple of emails to the email address on skiers synergy but have not received a reply.

Could you tell me how you got hold of him ? and pass on any info you have regarding the sessions ?
hacker

Postby SkierSynergy » Fri Aug 01, 2008 9:11 pm

Hi Guys . I had to delay my New Zealand trip a few weeks and couldn't hammer down a solid schedule until now because my 89 year old father has been in and out of the hospital. So this summer is happening somewhat last minute. You will notice my very limited forum posts since spring. I have booked a trip arriving on the 13th and leaving on the 27th, but it could be extended if there is interest.

If you tried e-mailing me through the website earlier this summer I discovered some problems with the spam filtering and I may not have received e-mails. That is fixed, but if you want to make sure send any e-mails to both Jay@skiersynergy.com and J.peterson@Juno.com.

By the way the toll free number is working great and it will put you right through during normal hours. Everyone is getting a fast return with this. For international callers, use the call back option on the website and there wil be no international connection for you.

I'm busy already for 20-24th, but I am able to put together a small group before or after that.

E-mail or call with some dates and get back to you immediately with options and information.

I'll also have some new posts in the topical blog section of the site over the weekend and I shouold have a good "Harald t-shirt avcailable soon along with other products.

I hope to be able to demo some New Zealand based skis to offer also.
SkierSynergy

Return to Primary Movements Teaching System