head i.supersport?

Post your questions/comments about Gear here

head i.supersport?

Postby sfcarve » Wed Apr 11, 2012 11:55 am

First post here! i've been working through the books this season and was looking for skis.

I found these on Snowinn while searching for tt-80's/800's:
http://www.snowinn.com/ski-store/head-i ... 11/14737/p

Same dimensions and radius as the TT-80/800.

Does anyone know anything about them?

Thanks!
sfcarve

Re: head i.supersport?

Postby sfcarve » Mon Apr 16, 2012 12:18 pm

It looks like its stumped this board as well!

I am tempted as they are only $380 versus $500+ for TT 80's/800's (plus international shipping). Since the dimensions and radius are the same, I am guessing its probably just a stiffer construction than the TT 800 since its under the "Super" brand which is Head's race/carving line.

For those with more experience on SuperShapes and TT 80's, any thoughts on how that might ski? Maybe more like a SuperShape Speed?

Thanks!
sfcarve

Postby CO_Steve » Mon Apr 16, 2012 1:33 pm

You've also stumped google and the Head European website.
CO_Steve

Postby sfcarve » Mon Apr 16, 2012 3:16 pm

Hah - yes i should have said that i already checked both of those!

I've been able to demo the SS Titan and Magnum this year, and liked their stiffness/flex but wanted a narrower waisted ski and maybe some more versatility for bumps, which made the TT-800 sound ideal.

I am still leaning towards buying the SuperSport, maybe just out of curiosity now! Hopefully the worst case scenario is that it will be a good carving ski (and without KERS so maybe a little easier at the end of turns).
sfcarve

Postby Mac » Mon Apr 16, 2012 7:48 pm

I too have never heard or seen any information of a Head Supersport. Volkl made a ski a few years back under that name. I'm wondering if what you're looking at is a misprint. But I don't now if I'd want to buy something if I didn't really know what I was getting. Especially when there are so many tried and true skis like the Supershape Magnums out there now to be had at great prices. You are certainly not loosing any versatility with a 71 mm waisted ski. If anything, you are gaining some added versatility. I skied the new KERS version of the SS Magnum for the better part of this season, and I have zero complaints with the ski. Just my opinion.
Mac

Return to Gear